For many people, choosing color is the most intimidating part of the decorating process. With thousands of paint colors to choose from and so many ways to combine them, how can consumers be sure they’ll make the right choice? Wouldn’t it be great explore color groupings that are designed to go together and be able to “try on” paint colors before committing? And have the option to visit the store or do it all from the comfort of home? Behr Paints—known for its extensive range of colors—thinks so, too.
Throughout its history, Behr Paints has developed innovative and interactive tools that help consumers build confidence in their color choices before ever dipping a paint brush. At The Home Depot stores where Behr Paints are sold exclusively, Behr displays and interactive kiosks can take the guesswork out of color selection by providing guidance on the latest color trends, unique color pairings, and colors that coordinate with existing décor. There, consumers can purchase BEHR Premium Plus Ultra® Interior or BEHR Premium Plus® paint colors in a small sample size, to see the color on their walls before making a decision.
Paint samples are also available online at Behr.com, which was dramatically redesigned to introduce an array of project ideation tools for do-it-yourselfers. These include a virtual replication of the in-store experience; a color selection and collection workbook; a gallery of inspirational ideas from home decorating experts; a first-of-its-kind paint sheen selector; and detailed how-to and product advice. Consumers can even decorate a room virtually using their own images. Behr.com is a true pathway for consumers to express themselves through the wondrous world of color, and do it with confidence.
Behr encourages consumers to unleash their creative powers, increase the value of their home decorating projects, and make it easy by accessing color selection and do-it-yourself solutions that include:
BEHR MARQUEE TM INTERIOR PAINT & PRIMER
- Exclusive one-coat color collection
- Offers 372 exclusive, handpicked colors
- Paint formula is both low VOC and GREENGUARD Gold Certified
- Superior stain resistance and scrubbable, easy-clean finish
- Available in Matte, Eggshell Enamel, and Semi-Gloss Enamel
BEHR MARQUEETM Exterior Paint & Primer - Available Exclusively at The Home Depot
- Exceptional dirt resistance and advanced fade protection
- Provides early rain resistance - has the ability to repel rain showers as early as 60 minutes after application
- Innovative technology delivers a tough, non-stick surface that helps resist dirt build up along with advanced UV protection and exceptional gloss protection for longer lasting, more lustrous color
- Stays looking great, long after the surface has been painted
- As a topcoat, BEHR MARQUEE paint's 100% acrylic, less than 50 VOC formula, provides excellent hide and delivers a durable, mildew resistant finish
- With its primer qualities, BEHR MARQUEE offers excellent adhesion to exterior surfaces along with the ability to block exterior stains
- Available in Flat, Satin Enamel, and Semi-Gloss sheens in 64 unique colors and can also be tinted to any color in Behr's existing palette of 2,000 hues or custom color matched
BEHR DECKOVER® SOLID COLOR COATING
- Innovative makeover solution for old, weathered wood or concrete
- Advanced formula creates a durable smooth coating to revitalize tired decks, patios, porches and pool decks
- Offers a substantial layer that dries four times thicker than conventional stains
- Covers splinters and fills cracks up to 1/4" and spreads as evenly as paint
- Splatter resistant application creates a smooth, slip-resistant finish
- Results in a rejuvinated, low maintenance deck that resists the elements, repels water and creates a smooth, slip-resistant finish that is comfortable for bare feet
- One gallon fully covers fifty square feet in 2 coats
- No primer needed
ColorSmart by BEHR® Mobile application – Available as a free download in both the Apple iTunes® App Store and Google Play
The ColorSmart by BEHR Mobile application offers consumers an on-the-go platform to find the perfect colors for any home decorating project at the touch of a finger. With a range of unique features, such as the capability to decorate a room image digitally with touch-and-tap technology and preview color on walls, trim and accents, the application allows consumers to act upon what inspires them in the moment. Whether it’s a blue sky in the park, a vivid red sweater or a flowing lavender curtain, the ColorSmart by BEHR Mobile application enables users to explore and select color immediately. The ColorSmart by BEHR Mobile application is available on iPhone®, iPad® and Android™ mobile devices.
Award-winning Behr Web Site – Available at Behr.com
Designed to engage, inform and inspire, the BEHR Interactive Web team redesigned the site in winter 2008 to target homeowners, do-it-yourselfers and those seeking assistance and inspiration with their home improvement, home design and style projects. Leveraging existing online tools, site enhancements to Behr.com included:
- Virtual Color Center: Replicates the retail experience by letting consumers browse color cards, color families, stripe cards and product brochures.
- My Color Samples: Using color hotspots, consumers can collect the rich and dynamic hues used throughout the site and save them to a Workbook for future projects or add them to a Shopping Cart to purchase samples.
- Inspiration Gallery: Wide-format, magazine-quality images draw the eye in and inspire consumers to do more with color.
The new site also gives expert style, design and color advice from the home decorating experts at BEHR.
- Sheen Selector: First-of-its-kind interactive sheen tool lets consumers see the reflective value of different sheens, allowing them to select the most appropriate product for their home decorating project.
- User-Friendly Product Categories: Product detail pages offer a wealth of information, from product descriptions to safety information to related products.
- Robust How-To Section: Easy-to-read and easy-to-follow, this area includes preparation and clean-up guides, step-by-step instructions, how-to images, recommended BEHR products and suggested equipment.
Telling the story of “what’s in the can,” Behr also introduced Paint World, a microsite at behr.com that offers an inside look at how BEHR products are made and how best to use them. Paint World features an interactive avatar, or computerized host, who walks viewers through the science behind BEHR products.
ColorSmart by BEHR™ - Available at The Home Depot and Behr.com
ColorSmart by BEHR is an interactive program that revolutionizes the color selection process by giving the consumer the confidence to select and coordinate paint colors throughout their home. This interactive kiosk, located in the paint department at The Home Depot and online at Behr.com, offers easy-to-use paint color selection and coordination assistance by providing consumers with several innovative tools. The program allows consumers to browse a collection of inspirational palettes, color match (only available in-store) and coordinate to an existing color, or find their favorite color using an electronic color wheel. Consumers can preview coordinated colors in a simulated environment, as well as calculate how much paint they need and select the right sheen for their project. ColorSmart by BEHR also provides consumers with project tips and how-to information, as well as a list of supplies needed to complete their project.
Paint Your Place™ - Available exclusively at behr.com
Paint Your Place is an interactive digital imaging tool that complements the ColorSmart by BEHR program and revolutionizes the color selection process with simple one-touch painting. With only a click of their computer’s mouse, consumers can choose from more than 4,000 paint colors, preview combinations, and paint the walls, furniture and accessories in their scanned image or on a sample image provided by BEHR. Next, consumers can save their favorite color palettes, order color swatches or eight-ounce sized paint samples online to have delivered to their home, or find corresponding color choices at The Home Depot. After registering on Behr.com, consumers receive unlimited photo uploads through Paint Your Place at no charge and with no subscription fee or expiration period.
Behr Eight-Ounce Preview Samples – Available exclusively at The Home Depot and Behr.com
Before consumers buy large cans of paint, they can purchase eight-ounce paint samples at any The Home Depot store for $2.49. The samples can be tinted to any BEHR Premium Plus Ultra and most BEHR Premium Plus paint colors and cover a four-by-six-foot area. Eight-ounce paint samples are available in an Interior or Exterior Flat finish.
Using ColorSmart by BEHR at Behr.com, consumers can also create their own custom-tinted paint sample kit – a complete solution for previewing colors at home. The custom-tinted samples are shipped directly to consumers’ homes. Each kit is comprised of up to four eight-ounce samples of any of the 4,000 colors available in the ColorSmart by BEHR system. Matching Preview Swatches™ (color swatches) are also included. The kit also comes with the tools needed to sample color: up to four rollers with handles, up to four trays and a 12-page application guide. A single Preview Sample is $6.95. If two or more are purchased, a $1.00 discount is applied per sample. The kit cost (based on number of Preview Samples) is:
- $6.95 for one sample, plus shipping and handling
- $11.90 for two samples, plus shipping and handling
- $17.85 for three samples, plus shipping and handling
- $23.80 for four samples, plus shipping and handling
Preview Swatches™ - Available exclusively at Behr.com
For consumers who want large color swatches to preview and coordinate at home, they can request up to eight color swatches online for $1.99 with free shipping and handling.
Color Collections™ - Available exclusively at Behr.com
For inspiration, advice and practical painting tips, consumers can purchase BEHR brochures housed in project folders. They are available in three project-based collections:
- Interior Spaces™ - $5.95, plus shipping and handling
- Exterior Spaces™ - $4.95, plus shipping and handling
- Décor Details™ - Decorative Finish guide includes a two-disc CD-ROM including a Faux Finish how-to - $10.95, plus shipping and handling
BEHR Premium Plus® Ultra Interior and Primer in One - Available exclusively at The Home Depot
- This extra-durable paint film resists stains and scuffs and protects better so your new look STAYS LOOKING NEW LONGER®.
- Advanced stain blocking formula
- Targeted for high-traffic spaces such as Family Rooms, Kids' Rooms, Kitchens, Bathrooms, Living Rooms and Hallways
- Shorter dry time and increased stain-blocking of common household stains and watermarks
- Low VOC, 100% Acrylic formula and mildew resistant finish
- Hand-selected, designer-inspired Premium Plus Ultra palette as well as over 2,000 other BEHR® hues
- Available in all sizes and bases including: Flat Enamel, Eggshell Enamel, Satin Enamel and Semi-Gloss Enamel
BEHR Premium Plus® Coordinate with Style™ - Available exclusively at The Home Depot
- An expanded color palette totaling more than 3,000 colors
- System colors are organized by hue and tone – Pure, Muted, Shaded
- Extra-large, take-home color samples and color cards that make it easier for consumers to view color samples
- Inspirational, project-driven and magazine-style cards that make it easier for consumers to imagine colors in coordinated rooms to fit their lifestyles