ORANGE COUNTY, Calif. (Dec. 12, 2018) – Behr Paint Company, headquartered in Santa Ana, Calif., for more than 60 years, is proud to reaffirm its commitment to its Orange County roots by awarding grants to six nonprofit organizations making a difference in the community.
The grants are part of the Masco Million Differences campaign, an initiative in which Masco Corporation, through its business units, allocated $1,000,000 of its philanthropic funding in 2018 to support nonprofit organizations across the country. Behr employees had the opportunity to nominate nonprofit organizations that are working to break down barriers to diversity and inclusion in America’s corporate workforce through education or career resources.
“Behr has always felt a strong connection to the values of our Orange County community and the workplaces around us,” said Jeff Filley, president of Behr Paint Company. “To us, these grants celebrate and strengthen our connection to the people and nonprofit organizations that make this a great place to live and work.”
Nonprofit organizations that received grants from Behr Paint Company through the Masco Million Differences campaign include:
- Goodwill of Orange County has helped thousands of people with disabilities and other barriers find employment, become independent and support themselves and their families since 1924. This grant will allow Goodwill of Orange County to offer a variety of resources and services to help Orange County residents achieve their highest levels of personal and economic independence and fully participate in their communities.
- The LGBT Center OC engages, empowers and advocates for a more equitable society, and fosters an ever-improving quality of life for the LGBTQ community. The organization will use this grant to help meet the increasing demands for services such as career counseling, job placement assistance, training and resources on LGBTQ cultural competency and sensitivity for public and private sector employers from Orange County, and health services at no charge to guests.
- Morehouse School of Medicine is a nationally recognized leader in health education and clinical care based in Atlanta, Ga., where The Home Depot®—the exclusive retail partner of BEHR® Paint—is headquartered. This grant will help fund the Hugh M. Gloster Society, which provides student scholarships and technology enhancements that advance excellence in teaching and research, while also developing new health leaders from underrepresented minorities.
- Taller San Jose Hope Builders empowers disconnected young people in danger of not reaching their full potential. Hope Builders provides job training in multiple industries, including a 20-week construction program, and the life skills needed to move out of poverty and achieve enduring personal and professional success. This grant will provide funding for trainees to participate in the program, which models real-world experiences for more than 550 youths.
- The Teen Space program identifies and serves the growing numbers of teens and young adults, many from low-income families, who seek help transitioning into adulthood. The grant will fund field trips, scholarship programs and upgrades to program sites, and support internships and externships.
- Working Wardrobes helps people overcoming challenges find meaningful employment. Funds from this grant will support the Working Wardrobes VetNet program, a safety net for veterans to meet their immediate and ongoing needs—including transition training, workforce readiness preparation, job training, and job placement and retention services.
Behr Paint Company gives employees the opportunity to support these deserving nonprofit organizations through the “Behr Cares” program, which promotes service, outreach and active, positive contributions to the communities surrounding Behr facilities. Each Behr Paint Company team member receives an annual “Behr Cares” benefit, empowering them to contribute a day of paid service to the charitable organization of their own choosing.
For more information on the “Behr Cares” program, visit https://www.behr.com/pro/about/behr-cares.
About Behr Paint Company
Founded in 1947, Behr Paint Company is one of the largest manufacturers of paints, primers, decorative finishes, stains and surface preparation products to do-it-yourselfers and professionals in the United States, Canada and Mexico. The Santa Ana, Calif.-based company and maker of the BEHR® and KILZ® brands is dedicated to meeting the coating and color needs of DIYers, professionals, architects and designers with an unwavering commitment to quality, innovation and value. To learn more about BEHR PRO™ products and services visit behr.com/pro. Behr is a subsidiary of Masco Corporation (NYSE: MAS).
About Masco Corporation
Headquartered in Livonia, Mich., Masco Corporation is a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of branded home improvement and building products. Our portfolio of industry-leading brands includes Behr® paint; KILZ® primer; Delta® and Hansgrohe® faucets, bath and shower fixtures; KraftMaid® and Merillat® cabinets; Milgard® windows and doors; Kichler® decorative and outdoor lighting; and HotSpring® spas. We leverage our powerful brands across product categories, sales channels and geographies to create value for our customers and shareholders. For more information about Masco Corporation, visit masco.com.