Behr Paints transforms the consumer painting experience by introducing the next generation of Premium Plus® Interior Paint. Providing an innovative solution for homeowners who have long dreamed of a high-quality paint with priming properties at a great value, BEHR Premium Plus® Self-Priming, Zero VOC* and Low Odor Interior Paint delivers exceptional durability and hide and now seals previously painted and uncoated surfaces such as drywall, wallboard and wood without the use of a separate primer. In addition, the low odor formula allows the paint smell to dissipate faster, making it the ideal product to use in family spaces.
“Increasingly, homeowners are looking for products that are easy-to-use and effective at a great value. We are excited to provide a premium quality interior paint with self-priming attributes, low odor and zero VOCs,” said Scott Richards, Senior Vice President of Marketing, Behr Process Corporation. “The new BEHR Premium Plus Self-Priming, Zero VOC and Low Odor Interior Paint makes painting family spaces easy and efficient with less odor to help get them back to their routine faster.”
Timely for Do-It-Yourselfers looking to take advantage of warm weather months to tackle home makeover projects, the new formula helps busy homeowners regain normal use of their space sooner and without the lingering smell of paint as a result of the low odor formula.
All sheens and bases of BEHR Premium Plus Self-Priming, Zero VOC and Low Odor Interior Paint dry to the touch in one hour and can be recoated in two hours for a quicker project turnaround time. The line is available in the following interior sheens, each one providing exceptional durability and hide:
- Flat - This easy-clean sheen provides excellent touch-up and a non-reflective, matte appearance, perfect for low traffic areas like the Dining Room and Bedrooms.
- Flat Enamel - This scrubbable flat finish has a low-lustre appearance best used in low to moderate traffic areas, ideal for Family Rooms, Living Rooms and Kids’ Rooms.
- Eggshell Enamel - This finish resists dirt and grime with a soft, velvety appearance, best for moderate traffic areas including Family Rooms, Living Rooms, Kids’ Rooms and Hallways.
- Satin Enamel - This versatile, easy-clean finish has a pearl-like appearance for moderate to high traffic areas like Hallways, Kitchens and Bathrooms.
- Semi-Gloss Enamel - This finish resists stains, moisture and wear with a radiant, sleek appearance. Best for high traffic, high moisture areas or high-touch surfaces like Kitchens, Bathrooms, Doors, Windows, Trim, Cabinets, Shutters and Interior Furniture.
The product line is available exclusively at The Home Depot stores nationwide at a suggested retail price of $23.98-28.96 per gallon.
Consumers can visit behr.com to find how-to information, explore design and color guidance, and order eight-ounce paint samples. To continuously get new ideas and inspiration, fans can follow Behr Paints at twitter.com/behrpaint and like Behr at facebook.com/behrpaint. What’s more, ColorSmart by BEHR® Mobile, available as a free download for the iPhone, iPad and Android compatible devices, allows users to find the perfect BEHR Premium Plus Self-Priming Interior color for any home decorating project at the touch of a finger. And, at colorfullybehr.com, Behr’s Erika Woelfel shares her perspective and expertise on all things color.
*Some colors may not be zero V.O.C. after tinting.