Interactive new Behr.com establishes itself as primary destination for digital do-it-yourselfers and offers all-encompassing Behr experience online
Behr Process Corporation, one of the largest suppliers of architectural paint and exterior wood care products to the United States and Canadian do-it-yourself markets, announces the launch of a newly enhanced Web site, www.behr.com. Featuring increased ease of navigation, intuitive design, and a wide variety of project ideation tools, Behr.com aims to promote inspiration and help consumers decorate with confidence.
“As a recognized leader in the home improvement market, our objective was to create an equally esteemed Web site that showcases the full BEHR experience,” said Marc Webb, Director of eBusiness, for Behr Process Corporation. “At Behr, the consumer is always top of mind, whether in-store at The Home Depot where our goal is to provide the highest quality at the best value, or online at Behr.com, where our site is designed to engage visitors with innovative technology and fresh content.”
Leveraging existing online tools such as ColorSmart By BEHR™ and Paint Your Place™ by BEHR, site enhancements to Behr.com include:
- Enhanced Interface: Overhauled with the consumer in mind, the new site is easy to use and easy to navigate. Drop down menus organize information into an easy-to-follow format.
- Virtual Color Center: Replicates the retail experience for online visitors. Do-it-yourselfers are able to browse color cards, color families, stripe cards and product brochures.
- My Color Samples: Using color hotspots, visitors can collect the rich and dynamic hues used throughout the site and save them to a Workbook for future projects or add them to a Shopping Cart to purchase samples.
- Inspiration Gallery: Wide-format, magazine-quality images draw the eye in and inspire visitors to do more with color. The new site also gives visitors the opportunity to spark their imagination with expert style, design and color advice from the experts at Behr.
- Sheen Selector: First-of-its-kind interactive sheen tool lets customers see the reflective value of different sheens, allowing them to select the most appropriate product for their home decorating project.
- User-Friendly Product Categories: Product detail pages offer consumers a wealth of information from product descriptions to safety information to related products.
- Robust How-To Section: Easy-to-read and easy-to-follow, includes preparation and clean up guides, step-by-step instructions, how-to images, recommended Behr products and suggested equipment.
Telling the story of “what’s in the can,” Behr also introduces Paint World, a microsite that offers an inside look of how BEHR products are made and how best to use them. Paint World features an interactive avatar that walks visitors through the science behind Behr products, such as NANOGUARD® technology, the company’s use of tiny nano particles that create an interlocking molecular structure that fills the voids created by larger particles, resulting in coatings products that provide better adhesion, more durability and dirt, moisture and UV resistance.