New Behr.com heralded for excellence on the Internet, interactive media capabilities, and creativity in communication
Behr Process Corporation is proud to announce widespread recognition for its recently enhanced Website, www.behr.com. Designed to engage, inform and inspire, the Behr Interactive Web team redesigned the site last fall to target homeowners, do-it-yourselfers and those seeking assistance and inspiration with their home improvement, home design and style projects.
"Behr takes great pride in developing cutting-edge technology to help provide our customers color, style and inspiration for their homes,” said Jeff Filley, President, Behr Process Corporation. “The dramatic redesign of Behr.com ensures that the next generation of BEHR customers has the tools they need to achieve their goals.”
Marc Webb, Director of eBusiness, Behr Process Corporation added, “Accolades from our peers and within the industry solidify our ongoing commitment to provide a world-class interactive experience to our online visitors.”
Webby Awards: Behr.com was selected as an Official Honoree in the Lifestyle category of the 13th Annual Webby Awards, the leading international award honoring excellence on the Internet and hailed as the "Internet's highest honor" by The New York Times. The Official Honoree distinction is awarded to the top 15 percent of all work entered among nearly 10,000 entries received from 50 states and more than 60 countries.
Webby Award winners are chosen by the International Academy of Digital Arts & Sciences, a global organization whose members include David Bowie, Harvey Weinstein, Arianna Huffington, Matt Groening, Internet inventor Vinton Cerf, Twitter co-founder Biz Stone, Virgin Group Chairman Richard Branson, and R/GA Chairman and CEO Bob Greenberg. Recognition by the Webby Awards puts BEHR in an esteemed group of industry leaders such as Amazon.com, eBay, Yahoo!, iTunes, Google, FedEx, BBC News, CNN, MSNBC, The New York Times, NPR, Salon Magazine, Evite, Meetup, Wikipedia, Flickr, ESPN, Comedy Central, PBS and The Onion.
Horizon Interactive Gold Award: Additionally, Behr.com was recognized with a Horizon Interactive Gold Award in both the Consumer Information and Flash categories. Projects in the consumer information category are targeted to the consumer without the "direct sale" element and, while there may be outlets to purchase a product, focus more on product/service education rather than a hard-sell. In the flash category, projects were evaluated on the overall creative use of Flash as well as overall aesthetics and artistic merit, complexity and/or functionality of animations/menu structures and effective integration of audio and video.
With more than 2,000 entries from 32 countries and nearly all 50 states, the Horizon Interactive Awards is a prestigious international competition recognizing outstanding achievement among interactive media producers. A panel of industry professionals, from diverse multimedia, graphic design and marketing backgrounds, review the entries to determine the work that is to be recognized. The 2009 winning entries showcase the industry’s best interactive media solutions including Websites, CDs and DVDs, online ads, video and more.
Communicator Awards: Behr.com was also acknowledged as the best of the best in the industry with an Award of Excellence from the 2009 Communicator Awards in five categories: Homepage, Structure and Navigation, Visual Appeal, Lifestyle and Interactive/Multimedia. In addition, Behr.com won an Award of Distinction in Copy or Writing, presented for projects that exceed industry standards in quality and achievement.
The Communicator Awards is a unique achievement because it honors the best creative work in all communication fields - interactive, print, audio, etc. This year, the awards received more than 9,000 entries from companies and agencies of all sizes, making it one of the largest of its kind in the world. The Communicator Awards is sanctioned and judged by the International Academy of the Visual Arts (IAVA), an invitation-only body consisting of top-tier professionals from a “Who’s Who” of acclaimed media, communications, advertising, creative and marketing firms. IAVA members include executives from organizations such as Alloy, Brandweek, Coach, Disney, The Ellen DeGeneres Show, Estee Lauder, Fry Hammond Barr, HBO, Monster.com, MTV, Polo Ralph Lauren, Sotheby’s Institute of Art, Victoria’s Secret, Wired and Yahoo!.
Leveraging existing online tools such as ColorSmart™ by BEHR and Paint Your Place™ by BEHR, site enhancements to Behr.com included:
- Enhanced Interface: Overhauled with the consumer in mind, the site is easy to use and easy to navigate. Drop down menus organize information into an easy-to-follow format.
- Virtual Color Center: Replicates the retail experience for online visitors. Do-it-yourselfers are able to browse color cards, color families, stripe cards and product brochures.
- My Color Samples: Using color hotspots, visitors can collect the rich and dynamic hues used throughout the site and save them to a Workbook for future projects or add them to a Shopping Cart to purchase samples.
- Inspiration Gallery: Wide-format, magazine-quality images draw the eye in and inspire visitors to do more with color. The site also gives visitors the opportunity to spark their imagination with expert style, design and color advice from the experts at Behr.
- Sheen Selector: First-of-its-kind interactive sheen tool lets customers see the reflective value of different sheens, allowing them to select the most appropriate product for their home decorating project.
- User-friendly Product Categories: Product detail pages offer consumers a wealth of information from product descriptions to safety information to related products.
- Robust How-To Section: Easy-to-read and easy-to-follow, includes preparation and clean up guides, step-by-step instructions, how-to images, recommended Behr products and suggested equipment.
Telling the story of “what’s in the can,” the Behr Interactive team also introduced Paint World, a microsite that offers an inside look of how Behr products are made and how best to use them. Paint World features an interactive avatar that walks visitors through the science behind BEHR products, such as NanoGuard technology, the company’s use of tiny nano particles that create an interlocking molecular structure that fills the voids created by larger particles, resulting in coatings products that provide better adhesion, more durability and dirt, moisture and UV resistance.