Match, coordinate and preview BEHR colors from virtually anywhere with easy-to-use and convenient tool now available on iPhone, iPad and Android mobile devices
Building on the successful launch of ColorSmart by BEHR® Mobile application on the iPhone® and Android™ devices, Behr Paints has optimized the application for the iPad®, making it easier than ever to find the perfect colors for any home decorating project. With a range of unique features, such as the capability to paint a room image digitally with a simple touch of a finger and preview color on walls, trims and accents, the iPad application gives users the freedom to explore colors and create projects in greater detail, toggle between portrait and landscape views and access gallery images and saved favorites on a single page.
“We are thrilled to introduce ColorSmart by BEHR Mobile application for the iPad,” said Joe Richardson, Senior Vice President of Professional Products and Services for Behr Process Corporation. “Following very positive consumer response and input, we wanted to extend our mobile offering to help digital do-it-yourselfers explore color and find inspiration wherever they may be.”
Incorporating the color selection, coordination and preview features from the ColorSmart by BEHR® application online at behr.com, the ColorSmart by BEHR Mobile application has many easy-to-use features for selecting the perfect color palette including:
- Explore Color – Browse Behr’s Premium Plus Ultra® and Premium Plus® paint(s) range of over 2,000 colors including whites, neutrals and the new 2012 Color Trend colors. Users can search for colors by browsing through color families or by entering a BEHR® color name or number. Once a color is selected, a user can further coordinate or preview the color in a room image.
- Photo Match – Take a photo or use an existing photo within the application. Tap an area in the photo and the application will pull up the three closest matching paint colors and can also offer a selection of coordinated palettes.
- Preview Colors – Users can access interior and exterior images in a variety of styles to test their color choices by painting the walls, trims and accents. Preview selections by tapping a color, then tapping an area of the room. Zoom in to see details of the photo or remove a color and add another for the perfect color combination.
- Share with Friends – Users can share their color selections with friends and family by posting to their Facebook and Twitter pages. Projects can also be saved to behr.com. And now users can manage their Facebook, Twitter and BEHR accounts by logging in or out from one central location.
- Favorites and More – Favorites enables users to save their preferred colors, coordinated palettes, and room images. In addition, the application includes a handy paint calculator to help users determine how much paint to purchase and a store locator to get directions to the nearest The Home Depot® store.
- Special Features on iPad – The iPad application gives users the freedom to explore colors and create new projects in greater detail. The larger screen size of the iPad enables the integration and streamlining of navigational elements as well as the incorporation of a new screen rotation feature, which adjusts the layout of the page when rotating between portrait and landscape views.
The ColorSmart by BEHR Mobile application is available as a free download in both the Apple iTunes® App Store and on Google Play. For more information about the application and how to use it, visit behr.com/colorsmartmobilepr. Mobile users are also encouraged to “like” Behr on Facebook and follow Behr on Twitter – plus visit Behr’s new blog that’s all about color at colorfullybehr.com.
The trademarks are the property of their respective owners.